by Donna Hoffert
- 1 cup crushed cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature!! (Important!!)
- 3/4 cup sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 c cocoa
- 3 eggs, room temperature (Important!!)
- Grease cheesecake pan with butter. I spray with cooking spray also. I make sure the butter is mashed into the cracks. This keeps it from leaking.
- Crush cooking finely and add melted butter. Mash into bottom of cheesecake pan and put in refrigerator.
- Mix together everything but the eggs. Once mixed add egg one at a time. Do not over mix.
- Add mixture to cheesecake pan and lift and tap gently on the counter to get the air bubbles to come to the surface.
- Make a foil sling. Fold approximately 2 feet of foil lengthwise to make a sling to lower and raise your cake out of the pot.
- Add the metal rack and add two cups of water to instant pot.
- lower cheesecake into pot using the foil sling you just made.
- fold sling inward to make and A shape or teepee. Leave it that way. Put on a foil lid or silicone lid.
- put instant pot lid on and lock in place.
- press MANUAL 40 min.
- IP will come to pressure and count down when pressurized.
- When unit beeps that it is done allow the time to count up to 10. This is a natural release of pressure. Once it reaches 10 release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to "venting".
- Immediately remove the cheesecake using the foil sling and set on cooling rack.
- using a paper towel, dab the corners of the paper towel along the top of the cake and the bottom of the outside of the pan to soak up as much water as possible.
- WALK AWAY!! LOL. Leave the cake to cool to room temp for two hours. Don't mess with it.
- At this time put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours. If you can wait that long. I like to leave the edge of the springform on until I am ready to serve the cheesecake.
- Top with canned cherry pie filling if desired.