Meatball Marinara Skillet
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Plain Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Spaghetti Sauce (more if you like it saucy, here's my recipe)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil for Garnish (Optional)
- Ronzoni Veggie Delight Linguine (Optional)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, worcestershire, and spices. Mix gently with your hands until everything is incorporated.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the meatball mixture and form 1 and 1/2 to 2-inch meatballs until all of the mix is prepped. A small ice cream scoop is extremely helpful for this.
- Spray a large skillet with oil and heat over medium-high. Place the meatballs in the skillet and brown them for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and distribute it evenly around the meatballs, turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and basil, and serve over your favorite pasta or in a nice crusty roll.
- Put on a pot of water to boil when you start browning the meatballs, then cook the pasta while they are simmering.
- I made my own pasta sauce, but you can use premade if you'd rather or you're in a pinch!