- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, like canola, peanut or grapeseed
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (or substitute hot or sweet paprika)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth, low-sodium if store-bought
- 12-18 hard taco shells
- Toppings: grated cheese, sliced jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!