Chocolate. Drop Cookies - Dormey Mixer (Mom’s friend)
Servings: 2 dozen
- 1 ¾ cup sifted flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soft butter or shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 squares of baking chocolate
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ chopped nuts
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Half & Half - enough to make spreading consistency
- Sift together: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa
- Place butter, sugar and egg in large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until well creamed.
- Add melted chocolate and beat until well blended.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla at low speed, beating only long enough to form a soft dough.
- Add nuts and beat a few seconds to mix.
- Drop from teaspoon onto untreated cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° For 9 minutes until no impression is left when lightly touched.
- Cool and frost