Breakfast Sausage and Potato Hash
was "Lazy Sausage and Potatoes" from My Fridge Food before I changed a bunch
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 8oz of smoked sausage (about half of a package)
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 eggs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large sheet pan (with sides) with foil. Use cooking spray or drizzle oil onto the pan to keep from sticking.
- subheading: Prep the ingredients:
- Onion: peel and chop into 1 inch cubes chunks
- Potatoes: chop into 1 inch cubes (unpeeled)
- Peppers: chop into 1 inch chunks
- Put onions, peppers and potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add the thyme or whatever spices you want, s&p, and toss.
- Put the veggies onto the sheet pan and jiggle the pan so that everything is “single file” (not on top of each other).
- Put that in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes. While the potato mixture is roasting, slice the kielbasa into ½” rounds.
- When the timer goes off, add the kielbasa to the sheet pan of veggies and set the timer for about 10 minutes. But keep checking and take out when the potatoes are golden brown.
- Turn off the oven. Sprinkle the cheese over top of the cooked meat and potatoes, and pop back into the oven a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- You can eat it just as is, or use this cheese-melting-time to make some sunny side up eggs to put on top.