Vegan Apple Cake, Whole Wheat
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour (sub with half regular whole-wheat and half all-purpose if you can't find whole-wheat pastry flour)
- 2 1/2 cups very finely chopped apples (about 1 1/2 medium apples. I used Granny Smith which is perfect in this recipe)
- 1 cup sugar (if you want to cut down, substitute a quarter of the sugar with an equal amount of applesauce)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal + 6 tbsp warm water. Mix well.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of mixed powdered spices-- I ground up some cinnamon , cloves and nutmeg in my coffee grinder.
- 1 cup walnuts , toasted lightly and chopped
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!