Instant Pot Sausage Stuffing
- 1# sweet Italian sausage (casing removed if in links)
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tblsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach (I use frozen, thawed first)
- 1 egg lightly beaten (use 1 egg for full recipe, too)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups dried bread cubes
- Remove sausage from casing. Sauté until almost brown.
- Add onions and sauté until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft. Sausage should be done by now.
- Add seasonings and stir well.
- Add spinach and Parmesan cheese, stir well.
- Add egg, stir well.
- Add bread cubes and mix until well coated.
- Put stuffing in an oven-safe dish (I used a silicone pan about 7x3). Cover loosely with foil. Rinse out pot if you did this all in IP. 1 cup water in liner, trivet, place dish on trivet.
- Manual HP for 10 minutes, QR.
- Keep warm in oven if you need to. If you want it browned, place under broiler for a couple minutes.
- If doing this in the oven, you can double it and put it in a large baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered, 5 minutes uncovered.