Instant Pot Jello Mochi by Jay Chung
Sweet treat from Hawaii
- • 1 cup mochiko
- • 1 pkg (3 oz) any flavored gelatin
- • 1 cups sugar
- • 1 cup hot water (not boiling)
- In a bowl, combine the mochiko, gelatin, and sugar.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Pour the hot water into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spray a 6x6-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Put 1 cup water in the pot with the trivet.
- Cover with paper towel and aluminum foil and cook on Manual for 35 minutes. 10 minutes NPR.
- Remove from pot and cool completely.
- Cut with plastic knife into pieces.
- Roll in potato starch
- Only cook one pan at a time
- Things I learned..... Make sure it's completely cooled or it won't come out of the pan. Do not bother with parchment paper. It comes out of the pan but the paper is stuck to the mochi. Only cook one pan at a time or it doesn't cook. One was obviously not done so I cooked it more. That one was usable. The other one looked done but the center was goo when I cut it. I cut off the sides that were done. Do not try to microwave the undone center part on a plate. It flattens out with very hard edges.