*Chocolate Lava Cake* (gluten free/grain free) By Sarah Willey
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 TBS butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 TBS unrefined coconut oil (and more to grease ramekin)
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS organic coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 TBS peanut flour (or almond flour, arrowroot or any gf flour blend)
- 3 tsp organic raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- In a small stainless steel bowl, add chocolate chips, butter and coconut oil. Place on trivet in the instant pot with 2 cups of water below. Set on manual for 2 minutes. When time is up, slowly quick release the pressure. Remove lid and quickly turn over, so you don't drip water into bowl. (You can cover bowl with paper towel/coffee filter and foil over to prevent drops too.) Stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, peanut flour, cacao and salt. Then stir in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Grease a 16oz ramekin with coconut oil or butter and dust with cocoa powder. Pour in batter, filling just 1/2 inch from top. Place on trivet with the same water from melting the chocolate (2 cups water). Set on manual, 7 minutes, QR. Remove lid quickly, and soak up any drips on your cake with a paper towel or coffee filter. Remove from IP and let cool for 10 minutes before taking out of ramekin.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional), serve warm and enjoy!