Servings: Serves: 4-5
- 1-2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, towel dried, and cut into bite-size portions
- 3 TB fajita seasoning (homemade or store bought packet), divided in half
- 2 TB olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion (yellow or red) diced
- 2 bell peppers (any colors) seeded and diced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes with juices
- 8 oz dry penne pasta
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Select saute and adjust to More for high heat. Allow to heat until pot reads HOT. Add about 2 TB oil. When oil is hot add chicken and half the seasoning, tossing to coat well. Saute chicken until white.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic, along with remaining half of seasoning. Stir well to coat; stir often and cook until veggies are slightly tender, about 2 min.
- Add broth, tomatoes with all its juices, and dry pasta to the pot. Cover and select Manual for 5-6 min. Once done, QR pressure. Liquid should be mostly absorbed. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- To make it super quick, you can use pre-diced or sliced onions and bells from the grocery store.
- Dehydrated minced garlic can be used to save time.
- If you prefer a kick, use a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chilies in lieu of the fire-roasted tomatoes.