Orange Slice Candy Cake (Instant Pot)
~Recipe by Keith Tant
- ¾ lb. Orange slice candy, chopped
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- 5 oz. Raisins
- 3 oz. Flaked coconut
- 2.5 cups of sifted plain flour
- 1.5 sticks of butter
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Dredge candy, fruit, and nuts in cup of flour and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, and salt together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk.
- Mix in rest of flour and buttermilk alternately, to creamed mixture, starting and ending with flour.
- Fold in dredged candy, fruits, and nuts.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured tube pan.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to your pressure cooker and place a trivet in the bottom. Lower cake into the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 hr and allow 10 min NPR.
- Orange Glaze
- • 6 oz. Orange juice
- • 2 cups Powdered sugar
- Mix together in saucepan and bring to boil, stirring well to blend.
- Remove from heat and pour on the hot orange slice cake immediately and let cool.
- *Cooked in a 7" pan.
- *Don't refrigerate cake-it will get hard as a rock.