Run Fast Eat Slow
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 2 cups Classic Chicken Bone Broth or store bought
- 2 cans (14.5oz each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15oz each) black beans
- Optional: sour cream, grated cheese, sliced scallions, avocado cream
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add carrots, onion, salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, beef, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and red pepper. Break up meat as cooks, 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and beans, and bring to simmer. Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- To make in slow cooker: Follow steps 1 and 2, then add all ingredients to slow cooker. Simmer on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.