Glazed sweet potatoes
Quicker than baking!
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- Gochujang (Korean BBQ) paste
- Garlic powder
- Brown sweet potato and onion in oil.
- Add 1/4 c water and cover pan.
- Simmer 5 minutes or so until water is absorbed and potatoes are tender.
- Add ketchup and Gochujang to taste. Start with 1.5 Tbl of ketchup and 1/2 Tbl of BBQ and adjust as needed.
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Simmer until sauce is nicely glazed on the potatoes.
- Great as a topping on a grain-greens-protein bowl (e.g., bed of raw greens, grilled pork tenderloin, and quinoa).