Great Summer Salad to go with Grilled Fish, Pork or Chicken
- One Large Jicama (make sure it's not refrigerated when you purchase - some stores incorrectly keep Jicama in the refrigerator case -- it's in the potato family, should NEVER be refrigerated)
- One Fresh Pineapple, cut and peeled and cored
- One Large Cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 3 TBS Frozen Pineapple Orange Juice Concentrate
- Juice from a Fresh Lime
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Squirt of Either Raw Honey or Organic Stevia/Agave Blend (Whole Earth makes a good one).
- Two Squirts of Sriracha Sauce
- Peel the Jicama with a sharp peeler (throw in a garbage not in a trash compactor as it will clog up a sink -- very woody). Cut the Jicama into sliced around 1/2 inch thick and then diagonally and then again vertically to form small cubes (around 1/2 inch each).
- Peel the cucumber to form stripes on the Cucumber. Slice long ways and then into thirds. Turn and dice into similar sized cubes as the Jicama.
- To prepare the pineapple, cut bottom and top off, cut in half. Cut into one fourth sections and then into eighths while standing up. Use a sharp knife and take the core off of each piece (and save for juicing). Cut rind off and dice the Pineapple meat. Add all the ingredients along with diced Cilantro leaves together.
- To make the Dressing, put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend. Pour over the Jicama, Cucumber and Pineapple/Cilantro mixture and toss gently.
- Serve with chicken, fish or pork. Great for a light grill out.