- 2 cups Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- Chopped onion and season (optional, to taste - I used garlic powder, onion powder, Lawrys seasoning salt and red pepper flakes)
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 1½ tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp bacon grease (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill bottom of whoopie pie pan cavities with shredded cheese until you can't see the bottom.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef, add onions and seasoning.
- Once preheated, bake for 4 minutes (the cheese will still be soft and bubbly, but will harden enough to fold them, as they sit).
- Add one spoonful of meat onto half of each melted cheese.
- Using something that will not damage the pan such as a small spatula gently fold the non-covered side over the hamburger side.
- Place tray back in the oven for another 15 minutes to re-melt and solidify their shape.
- Remove from oven and place on paper towel to soak up extra grease.
- For the nacho cheese, tear up 4 slices of American Cheese, add 1½ tbsp of the lowest carb salsa you can find and 1 tbsp bacon grease (or butter).
- Microwave until melted, stir.
- Open and fill the tacos.