Yogurt in a LUX Instant Pot
by Heather Maddox Sebel
- 1/2 gallon milk
- 1 Tbsp yogurt starter
- 1) dumped roughly 1/2 gallon of milk in the inner pot.
- 2) left milk in the pot without doing anything to let it come to room temp a bit
- 3) used the sauté function adjusted down to low
- 4) watched and occasionally whisked
- 5) waited for temp to reach 182 as per TOG's recipe (I used a remote BBQ thermometer)
- 6) set inner pot on counter, waited for the milk to come down to 110.
- 7) turned the IP off - put the lid back on to hold in heat.
- 8) after the milk came to 110, I tempered a bit of the milk with about a TBSP of starter yogurt.
- 9) then mixed that back in to the pot, whisked it around.
- 10) then I actually poured the milk/starter into another dish because I don't have a second pot and didn't want it to be out of commission, if you don't mind having your inner pot out of commission for a day or so, just put the pot back in.
- 11) this step is also only if you use the pot in pot method - I put about an inch or so of water in the bottom of the pot, then used a foil sling to lower my other dish into the inner pot
- 12) then I closed the lid and vent, wrapped the whole this with a with a towel and let it sit over night, and...