~Recipe by Carolyn Perrine
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cans of minced clams with juice, 6.5oz each
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz linguine (I used fettuccine. I was out of linguine.)
- Sauté butter, oil, and garlic on low.
- Add clams with juice, water, and wine.
- Add all the spices.
- Break pasta in half and lay on top, pushing down under the liquid but NOT stirring.
- Manual 5 minutes, NPR 5 minutes, stir. It's going to be a little soupy.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Should have thickened up.
- Serve with Pecorino Romano on top.
- Serves 2, generously.