My Orange Mongolian Chicken
- 2 lb chicken thighs cut into 2 in cubes
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp orange infused oil (may sub orange zest)
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 TBS garlic paste (Gourmet Garden)
- 2 TBS ginger paste (Laxmi or whatever you have)
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 C soy sauce
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 tsp vietnamese chili garlic sauce (substitute 1 tsp red chili flakes)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 C chopped Spring onions
- Toasted black and white sesame seeds
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 3 TBS cold water
- Heat IP Sauté to medium add vegetable oil and sesame oil, onions, salt and pepper to taste, stir until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, orange oil, mix well and allow to cook down and combine.
- Add soy sauce and deglaze.
- Add chicken and mix to coat. Turn off sauté.
- Add brown sugar and Vietnamese chili garlic sauce mix well.
- Set IP to manual high 10 minutes then QR when finished.
- Turn IP back to sauté low and mix in spring onions and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water in bowl separate bowl. Whisk then mix in and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Originally tried 1 C brown sugar - very sweet!