Grapefruit Face Scrub
This homemade acne face scrub is one of my favorites due to how effective it is. The power of this natural homemade face scrub is thanks, in part, to the grapefruit essential oil it contains. Grapefruits are awesome. More specifically, they are rich in antioxidants and promote the production of collagen, both of which fight off the signs of aging. However, above and beyond that, grapefruit has astringent and exfoliating characteristics that are fabulous for clearing up oily skin and acne outbreaks.
- A word of warning though, since grapefruit is a citrus, this natural homemade face scrub may not be a great option for someone suffering from rosacea or very sensitive skin. Since grapefruit essential oil can be an irritant in certain situations, this homemade acne face scrub should not be used around the eyes or if you are pregnant.
- If you have a condition other than acne or are just looking for an anti-aging face scrub, this homemade acne face scrub may not be your best option. Instead try one of these 5 homemade beauty face masks.
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-5 drops therapeutic grade grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop therapeutic grade frankincense oil
- 1 drop therapeutic grade tea tree oil
- 1 very small drop of red food coloring
- You will also need:
- 4 oz. glass container
- Stir stick
- Small microwave safe dish
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!