Healthy Vegan Banana Bread (No Oil)
- 3 very ripe bananas (the riper, the better)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (more or less)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (same as flax meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put bananas into a mixing bowl and mash until fairly smooth
- Mix in maple syrup, apple sauce, and vanilla extract
- Stir in flour, ground flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour ingredients into a pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Use a butter knife to insert into the middle to check if the bread is done. You want it to come out clean.
- recommended by a listener on 7cups