Chicken and Potato Rossini Soup
This is a light soup perfect for a cold winters night.
Servings: Serves 5
- 750ml of water
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock or one stock cube
- 250g chicken breast
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of rissoni pasta
- 1) fill a medium sized sauce pan with water. Should be 3/4 of the way. Add chicken stock and stir. Bring to the boil.
- 2) Reduce heat and add while chicken breast. Ensure that the water covers the whole breast. Bring to boil again, lower heat to simmer and let chicken simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3) Dice potato and sweet potato, place in a glass bowl add herbs and salt and mix to coat thoroughly. Add to soup and let boil again. Once boiled. Bring back to simmer and cook until potatoes are tender.
- 4) Add 1 cup of rissoni pasta and let boil gently until pasta is cooked. Take care not to let soup go dry as more water if you have to .
- 5) once cooked place in bowl. And serve with Italian bread.
- If soup looks like it’s losing liquid add more water. It must have a broth consistency.
- Original recipe by Vickys Handcrafted Designs