NINJA FOODI "SALSA VERDE CHICKEN CHILI AND CORN BREAD TOPPING"
One Pot Meal
Servings: 4 - 5
- 2 Large Chicken Breast
- ½ C. Chicken Broth NO SODIUM
- 1 C. Salsa Verde
- 1 C. Cooked Kidney Beans
- 1 C Cooked Corn
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- 1-C Cheddar Cheese “ set aside to top Chili”
- 1-C Mexican Blend Cheese “set aside to top Chili”
- One box Jiffy Cornbread Mix. Mix according to package instructions and set aside to top the Chili.
- ADD WHATEVER SPICES YOU PREFER !
- Add all ingredients other than the Cheese.
- Set to High Pressure for 15 minutes and NQR.
- Remove Chicken and shred. Whisk the liquid mixture and thicken if you like with Masa (or cornstarch slurry)
- Add shredded chicken back into the liquid.
- Add Cornbread mix a dollop at a time over the top of the chili.
- Now Set the Foodi to Bake & Roast .. temp. @ 360 for 26 minutes.
- AFTER 15 Minutes open and test Cornbread with a toothpick.If toothpick comes out clean skip the last 8 minutes. If not, close the Foodi back up and resume cooking for 8 minutes.
- When Cornbread is done, sprinkle with cheese and close the lid to resume cooking for the last three minutes.
- When cooking is completed, serve and top with Sour Cream.
- My Cornbread was done at 15 minutes.