Homemade Pie Crust
- 2-¼ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup ice cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice cold water, or less! check consistency as you go
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream, for brushing the second top crust (only if making a double crust pie)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling (only if making a fruit filled, double crust pie)
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!