Chicken-Fried Steak with Queso Gravy
by Sam Sifton
- 2 pounds beef top round, cut into 8 equal-size pieces
- Neutral oil , like canola or grapeseed, for frying.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper , or to taste
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!