Creamy Tomato Soup
I created this recipe by combining one very similar, with two other tomato soup recipes and came up with this.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 14 ounces tomatoes, canned, canned
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add fresh thyme, tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, bay leaf and salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, stirring. Until the thyme really starts to smell good.
- Remove from heat and REMOVE BAY LEAF. Process (on puree) in a food processor, or use an immersion blender.
- Return the pureed soup to the pan. Add the milk and simmer until all heated through. The longer you let it simmer the better.
- Ladle into bowls and Garnish with parsley or fresh basil.