Willie Maes Mac 'n Cheese
- 1 quart elbow macaroni
- 2 cups yellow mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups white American cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 lb melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 quart of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes dry or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon of all-purpose flour
- Bring 3 1/2 quarts of water to a rolling boil and then add pasta to the salt water. Boil for 12-15 minutes until al dente. Drain the pasta saving one cup of pasta water.
- Return pasta to pot with cheese, milk, heavy cream and butter immediately, on a low fire stirring frequently until cheese is melted.
- Add spices, flour, and drizzle in pasta water as needed while stirring. Pan the mac and cheese. We use a steamer but you can place in the oven for 15 mins on 350 degrees.