Recipe by Genene Abraham
- 1 lb Ground Beef (lean)
- ½ C Bread Crumbs (or crushed Saltines)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Cummin
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1/3 C Picante Salsa
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 C Beef Broth
- **Another 1/3 C Salsa to add to broth at the end**
- Cornstarch (for slurry to thicken)
- My Beef broth was frozen so I thawed it on Saute in the IP.
- Mix together ground beef, 1/3 cup salsa, egg, breadcrumbs, onion powder, cumin, salt, pepper and flour; add 2 Tbsp of the beef broth.
- Form into medium meatballs; makes about 6-7.
- Place on trivet and put into the IP over the beef broth.
- Set to manual for 25 minutes.
- Remove and brown under broiler for 5 minutes.
- With remaining beef broth in the liner set IP to saute; once boiling add the other 1/3 C of salsa, sprinkle of cumin and the sour cream, stirring until dissolved. Thicken with cornstarch slurry.
- Serve meatballs over Spanish Rice and cover with Creamy Salsa Sauce. Nice with a side salad.